Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Competition

My friend mattstratton just emailed me a link to findmeon.com.

What can I say? I like the idea (obviously), but the interface leaves a bit to be desired. One of the challenging things that I faced when developing onXiam was that I wanted to keep it simple. This is not always easy to do, but I felt that it was imperative that I make every effort to make this as easy to use as possible.

As I move forward and implement more and more features, the ease of use may get a bit more difficult, but I'll always do my best to keep it clean and simple. As for findmeon, well I have to say that I'm partial to onXiam myself. :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

There are a couple of other sites out there as well I think, well one for sure: http://claimid.com/ which talks about an open standard for ID's call OpenID(http://openid.net/). I know nothing about it, just came across it and thought you might be interested since it does seem to tie in with the core use of your website :)

9:35 PM  
Blogger kyb said...

I very much approve of the idea. I promise to sign up to the first version of it that allows me to sign in with OpenID.

8:16 AM  
Blogger kyb said...

Sorry - didn't see the comment from tijir about claimID. Strangely enough, claimID doesn't allow me to log on with my preexisting OpenID, so it doesn't meet my criteria.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I love onXiam. Would like to be logged in permanently on my home pc, instead of having the cookie timeout. Would that be possible? Thanks for the great app!

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin, I am struggling with the Identity interface. Why does the list have so many PC models and associated batteries? What is the source of this extensive list? The whole process is too time consuming to start over each time to go through thousands of PC batteries to get to the next portion of the list that actually contains SM site listings. Please revisit.

3:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home