Thursday, August 03, 2006

Unknown Tales

I wanted to take a moment to thank TheWorldofDan for his help yesterday in testing the new "add a site" functionlity. TheWorldofDan (or Daniel Hollands) contacted me in regards to a new site that he was launching and asked if I could include it on onXiam. I said "Sure, but maybe you help me out by testing out the "add it yourself" functionality. Daniel obliged and we shared a nice email correspondence afterwards.

Daniel's new site that he added is called UnknownTales. It is a site where users generate "interactive fiction" -- I likened it to a "choose your own adventure" type game, except that the users actually author the adventure. It is a really neat idea, and I wish him luck.

One really interesting piece is if you look at the user profile page on UnknownTales (here is Daniel's), you'll notice that he has a place for you to link to your onXiam profile. I want to thank Daniel for including that!

One onXiam user, Baba, has already emailed me saying that he found UnknownTales through onXiam and he loved that there was a place for him to put his onXiam username in his profile. So there you go, Daniel! People like you site, and they like having the ability to add their onXiam username to their profile! Everybody wins! YAAAY!!!

So if you haven't yet, you should go take a look at UnknownTales. It really is a neat idea, and it will be interesting to watch the talents of writers everywhere help it to grow. If you like it, go Digg it! And don't forget to subscribe to the Latest Sites feed to keep an eye on new online communities that are added to onXiam. You too can discover fun new websites and communities to join!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home