Thursday, August 03, 2006

New Badge: The 80x15

For those of you who have websites and blogs and enjoy the clean look of 80x15 pixel badges, I created an 80x15 onXiam badge just for you!



Feel free to copy this image, make it a link that goes to your onXiam profile and put it up on your sites! It really seems that a good number of people that have been joining onXiam are doing so through discovering about it via blog posts, sidebar badges and people including links to their onXiam profiles in their message board signatures (check out the signature for lightsup55).

This badge is also available on the onXiam Promote page. For those interested (or those who want different colors), I created this badge using this cool service.

4 Comments:

Blogger lightsup55 said...

WOW! I did not expect that you'd mention me.

Anywho... I wanted to get my name out more, so I did exactly what you said. I've also added the link to the many other message boards I have registered at like Achieve360points.com.

That got me thinking. I should look into whether or not the big message board (like Invision Power Board and vBulletin) could add a link to the user's onXiam profile page (using the onXiam image) to go with the existing PM, Profile, AIM, Yahoo, MSN and what not image links. This way someone could add thier onXiam username to their profile on a message board without using the website address field.


And about the promote page, you need to add something that is a bit more compatible with MySpace.com as they don't allow the script tag (JavaScript, VBscript, etc.) or the iframe tag (i.e. how Xbox.com uses Gamer Cards).

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just now thinking of the same thing lightsup. I'm gonna have a hack at vBulletin and phpbb.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vBulletin is very easy.. I found the explaination at here

Adding a simple if condition to one of the config files with some simple template code for linking the onXiam sidebar image to the onXiam profile.

It might be good to have a page that explains how to add these fields to some of the most common web software like forums and such.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a modification for phpBB that adds the option for custom profile fields. The author suggests using EasyMOD for pain free installation of the mod.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home