Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Growing Pains

You may have noticed that I've been a bit quiet lately. Well, that is pretty much due to both my day job and my evening / weekend activities. But last night I found myselft staying up way past my bedtime working on the site.

Over the next day or two, you may notice some visual changes to the pages. I'm reworking the general layout of the site via CSS in order to prepare for some of the upcoming enhancements that I'm currently working on. So if you notices some strange appearances from time to time, rest assured that all will be well soon enough.

The positive comments and acceptance of the site has really motivated me to keep pushing forward to make it even better. I only wish there were more hours in the day that I could work on it! I'm anxious to get some new features rolled out, so this CSS rework as well as some behind-the-scenes things that I've been doing are just necessary parts of moving forward at this time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kevin. I've not got around to telling you yet, but great work on this project! I'm surprised I've not seen a site like this before to tie identities together.

You still don't have an email address on your contact page yet so I'm leaving you feedback here as requested. :)

I've added a few sites to the identities and from looking at the Latest People list I've noticed that quite a few people have visited and signed up from from my MyGamerCard.net forum signature using the image you provided.

MyGamerCard.net today released Profile pages so I've added MGC to the identities list. The URL's all take the form of http://profile.mygamercard.net/Tangled%20Spider with Tangled Spider being my profile with a space between Tangled and Spider. Names without spaces obviously omit any %20.

As for an icon, I've asked permission and you may use this as long as you store it locally on your server.

http://assets.mygamercard.net/images/site/favicon.ico

It's 16x16 pixels and a .ico file so it should be fine.

Thanks again for a great service,
Darren (Tangled Spider).

2:48 PM  
Blogger Kevin Poulsen said...

Darren -

Thanks for the kind words! I went ahead and added the link to the profile pages for MyGamerCard.net. Thanks for putting onXiam in your profile signature -- seems like it's bringing more people into the community, and that's just great.

Oh and I also put an email address up on the contact page. That one sure slipped through the cracks! Thanks for pointing it out.

Are you affiliated with MyGamerCard? My friend who runs 360voice thought he recognized your name. Just curious!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kevin, thanks for reading my comment and acting on it. I can now tell everyone they can add MGC to their onXiam profiles with icon and working link. :)

I suppose you could say I'm affiliated. I'm a MyGamerCard.net Forum administrator and help out the owner, Morgon, with the running of MGC wherever I can be helpful. That explains why I came over to my onXiam profile as soon as we launched Profile pages so that I could add it to my onXiam profile.

Darren.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Kevin Poulsen said...

Very cool Darren. I looked around MGC and it's a nice looking site. I have a 360 also, but with work and this fun web project, my gaming time has been drastically cut. I just downloaded Cloning Clyde from XboxLiveArcade and I'm enjoying that one in 5minute increments from time to time!

Glad to have you and MGC on board!

-Kevin

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home