Monday, July 17, 2006

Discovering Connections via onXiam

This is great! Over the weekend I received an email from onXiam user tmarkelz which read:
"Ha ha... social networking in action... contacted via SecondLife via onXiam via 360voice."
He then pasted the text of an IM that he received inside of SecondLife from onXiam user Gleeb Torin:
"found you on onXiam.com, via 360voice... I look forward to the next community night, that last was a blast :D"
What does that mean? As I wrote the other day, Trapper wrote on the 360voice dev blog about 360voice being included in onXiam. That exposure resulted in a steady stream of readers of that blog joining onXiam. New onXiam user Gleeb Torin apparantly read about onXiam in the 360voice blog, signed up, then saw in Trapper's profile that he has a SecondLife persona and contacted him inside of SecondLife!

It is so exciting to hear about connections like this being made! This is just what I had in mind when I conceived this site. Scenarios like "hey, this person looks interesting...I wonder what else (s)he does online..." Well now you can find out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home