Friday, July 14, 2006

Identities on MSN

I just fielded a request from tijir asking to get MSN added as a site. Being the happy-to-respond-quickly guy that I am, I started looking to gather the necessary info in order to add MSN, and I'm running into a few questions.

MSN provides so many services...are they all tied together under a unified identity? I know that is what their Passport service is for, but I ask this because while I do have a Passport account (I log into Passport with my Hotmail address), I don't use MSN messenger and I don't have an MSN Spaces page.

Does anyone out there know if your Hotmail name is the same as your Passport name is the same as your MSN Messenger name...and so on?

Thanks for the help - and to those of you who also asked for more specific sites to be added, they are on the way. Man, I really have to get that "add a site yourself" page built ASAP! :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, your Hotmail e-mail address is the same as your MSN Messenger (and other services) log-in.

It is also worth noting that Microsoft are moving more to the name 'Windows Live ID' as this universal log-in name.

8:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Actually, it does not have to be a hotmail.com or msn.com account to use MSN Messenger. My account on MSN is done through my gmail, in fact so is my Passort account and my Xbox Live account, which is another to add ;). True, Microsoft is trying to change everything over to Windows Live ID but this won't be standard for a long time.

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home