Friday, June 23, 2006

You and Your Identities

I'm at Supernova, and I just listened to a discussion panel titled "Who Owns 'You'?". The panel had Seth Goldstein from Root Markets, John McCrea from Plaxo and Kyle Brinkman from MySpace. The discussion primarily focused on privacy issues as they relate to personal information now that people are volunteering so much more personal information online on various.

Honestly, I was hoping that it would take a turn and people would start discussing open networks vs closed networks, online reputations, user behaviour...things like that. But it really just revolved around how to protect your privacy online. Maybe I was just hoping that it would be a discussion that would be very closely related to the question that I tackled when I created onXiam, namely "Who Are You?". But like I said, it stayed focused on personal information privacy. Oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home